Steve Ganis founded this Stamford Connecticut-based law firm in 1992 after he practiced law at large firms in New York City and was general counsel to an investment firm boutique, and he counsels small to medium-sized business enterprises (SMEs) and small and growing businesses (SGBs) nationwide, controlled by families, entrepreneurs, private equity groups or venture capital firms. We focus on the entire business “life cycle” of our clients and their principals, and have represented entrepreneurs and their companies on a global basis which are involved in both the innovation digital technology sector and traditional businesses. To further his interest in social change and using business markets to make such change, Steve has also become involved with impact investing/ social business entrepreneurs and the emerging area of pay for success contracts/ social innovation financings. True to his in-house roots, Steve is able to be responsive to clients using an interplay of business and legal issues. We emphasize quality, value and responsiveness in our services. Here is our philosophy for what makes us different, and client testimonials are here.
Tap on Practice Areas to see what we do, and please tap on Resources where we aggregate news articles relevant to our Practice Areas. Below is an outline of what we do, and like a full-service law firm, when necessary we work with a team of experienced co-counsel for litigation, immigration, and criminal defense matters:
- Entity Organization and Business “Life Cycle” Planning>
- Owner/ Founder Agreements>
- Capitalizing, Financing and Strategic Partnering>
- Employment, Compensation and Severance Matters>
- Intellectual Property Protection + Licensing>
- Corporate Governance> / Outside General Counsel>
- Securities Law Compliance
- Impact Investing/ Pay for Success Contracts>
- Real Estate Investments, Leases>
- International Expansion and Cross Border Transactions
- Business Disputes / Litigation (including shareholder disputes, LLC disputes) business breakups>
- Asset Protection Planning>
- Family Assistance: Elder and Estate and Health Care Planning>
- Business Succession Planning + Business Transactions>
We have been active in advocating for simplifying the Private Placement registration system for financing early stage companies, and social business projects, including pending Rule 506(c) and democratizing the fundraising process with Equity Crowdfunding.
Our phone number: (203) 977-2465.